There were a few things that I instigated for my sanity
every day during the extended school break.
#1 Exercise Every Morning
#2 open invitations to play.
This could be lego dumped out, stuffies all over,
or cardboard castle parts ready for play.
#3 a list of things to be completed before
they could have any technology.
(getting dressed, doing daily chore etc.)
We always do this for spring and summer break anyway.
Here's the list.
Eat breakfast, get dressed, exercise, brush hair, brush teeth,
wash face and hands, daily chore, daily reading.
That was how I tackled morning.
After lunch everyone had to go outside for 20 minutes!
Snow or no snow, they all got dressed and headed outside.
I ended up calling it recess by the end of the week,
because my 11 year old said she would stop
whining about it if I called it that.
After that we would have table time, where
all the kids worked together on an activity.
(more about that for St. Patricks Day)
Then they had the rest of the afternoon and
evening to themselves.
There was lots of TV and Phones too and
it wasn't without fighting.
(my kids are normal and annoying.)




No comments:
Post a Comment