Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentine #4, and the purge!!

Valentine #4


Perfect for a Saturday!

When we found this ball
Ms A immediately decided it was the one.

When "The Lighty Ball!" bounces
a light comes on and I don't recommend
you look directly at it, it's probably seizure inducing!!

Perfect valentine for a 3 year old to play with with her daddy.

Also Perfect for a Saturday was
THE PURGE!!

As Part of my education about food storage
I found that a lot of information focused on
what Provident Living means.

I have enjoyed more than one definition but
my favorite is
provident living is living with less,
less media, less material goods,
less drive for comparison,
less clutter in our homes,
less distraction from the gospel.


So here it is my purge!


I took this very seriously and de-junked . . .
every room and every box in the house.
Yes I went through everything we had in storage!!

This AMAZING blog is where I got the idea to start here.

prepared not scared

The goal was to define a bit better
the difference between wants and needs!
It was amazing how my priorities have changed
especially since the kiddo's.

Today we finished up, took it all to second hand or recycling,
and put everything else where it belonged.

Now with the house all put back together,
the kiddo's in bed, and Shane at hockey.
Here I sit in my living room enjoying some time to myself,
feeling pretty good about my Saturday,
and man do I feel ready for Sunday!

Soon To be updated - progress on 72 hour kits and first aid kits

No comments:

Post a Comment