Saturday, March 18, 2017

Skiing with friends!

So this week was stupid cold. 
trust me I don't use that word lightly!

I have been stuck inside all week and the kids were 
sporadically kept home from school, 
for various reasons including but not limited to,
forget responsibility, lets just cuddle and eat popcorn!


So I know it's Canada and it's allowed to be cold,
but this pregnant mom was just done with bundling up kids 
and lectures about keeping mitts on and wearing appropriate socks.
Fights over who's job it was to remind people to wear hats,
and totally justified crying fits over the freezing wind.

By the end of the week, I was in a funk a full blown funk.
Shane suggested an adventure and I readily agreed 
it was needed for everyone!

So we packed up the kids and headed to a local park with a 
small groomed trail for cross country skiing.  
I'm not even sure if it was even an entire KM?

We bundled up the kids (or so we thought) 
and hit the road for adventure.

Once there we realized we were not as prepared as we thought.
Thank goodness we were playing with friends 
who could come to the rescue.

Shane usually pulls the little's in the sled behind him.
He had left his backpack at home, 
no backpack = no pulling the sled! 
Gratefully our adventurous companion had brought one.

By the time everyone was ready and set,
Mr. T, Ms. E and Ms. A had already soaked 
their socks with snow, and
Ms. V had decided she was not going to sit 
in the sled even one more minute.

All These kids usually love these adventures 
but today was not that day.

We hit the trail in spite of the rough start.


Ms. E had charged ahead with friends, 
(suddenly her toes were not as cold as she thought) 
while we were trying to please Mr.T and 
our great friend was trying 
to keep an eye on them as well as help us with the little's.

Ms. A was the caboose with me and I didn't mind one bit.
(There's a post soon about the glory of being the caboose!)


I was glad we had gone with some great friends who love to 
help their kids learn to persevere by forcing them outside!

Eventually we made it safe back to the van where there was 
cookies and hot chocolate waiting.

In the van cozy and warm with stomachs full of cookies,
they all promised they had a great time. 
Even Mr. T!

No comments:

Post a Comment