Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Valentines Day

Ok so It's time for a reality Mom post.

We did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for Valentines Day!

Seriously though I may possibly have lit the yummy pink candle 
I got for Christmas from a great friend and read a self help book.






That is how romantic my Valentines Day actually was.


I probably mostly felt bad because I usually decorate and 
the kids do crazy cute things for Shane and each other and 
we all bond over pink and red and white crafty things 
all over the house!
(Seriously I'm not even joking!)

I even gave the kids valentines every day of February 
leading up to valentines day last year.

So there was probably some guilt going on that although 
I had dug out the decorations we did nothing with them, 
no baking heart shaped cookies or candy science or 
valentines day service.

Haha, I did however honor one mom each day 
on facebook that I adore!
But even that I started into the month, and felt like 
I could have honored a mom every day for two months!!

I should probably get credit for Family Night on Monday 
because I had the presence of mind to get out pink paper and 
we made home made valentines for each member of our family.
(after a lengthy lecture/discussion about loving our siblings)

Shane Asked me all week if I wanted hm to bring 
something home for supper,
but in reality we had just enjoyed treats 
on Saturday after the ultrasound.

And the week was just piling up on me as far as mom stuff goes.

I mean seriously:
Friday I went out to an amazing Favorite Things Party.
Saturday Was ultrasound day.
Sunday we had company.
Monday I had a regular dr. apt and grocery shopping.
Tuesday was Valentines Day (only one of my children remembered 
to take their valentines to school), Laundry Day and Ms. E had a field trip.
Wednesday Ms. A was in an assembly and it was dress up day.
(Mr. T also took off on me at the school joy of joys.)
Thursday I had an appointment at a new clinic, we needed trip food, 
Ms. A had Activity Days and we were leaving that night for 
a Family Day road trip.

So seriously no whining here, but it was a stacked week. 

I usually have something awesome for shane myself.
This Year I invisioned something like this,

Surprise your loved one with this sweet Valentine’s Day balloon surprise! Tie a ribbon to each balloon, curl the end and then add a thoughtful message on the paper doily.:  

Or maybe this,

 

Or maybe this,

 

 But in the end what we all got for Valentines Day 
was a large dose of daily living!

And you know what we all still felt loved and appreciated!

I have big plans for this quote but for now I'm going to plop it here.

You Are Enough Free Printable Quote | Dwell Beautiful:
No more guilt for me, I know who I love and that I'm Loved!

And that's Enough Even on Valentines Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment