Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February Date Night and Valentines Day

I don't know about everyone esles family but ours seemed to have 
three whole days of Valentines day!!

First off Thursday!!

We were surprised by Shane coming home early and taking us to get 
some lovely fattening fried chicken and french fires for dinner!!
 (I didn't care I didn't have to cook!!)

After supper which we ended up eating pick nick style 
on the floor in the front room, we played some 
fantastic valentine themed family games.

Sorry no pics but here's a link to a list
 of fantastic valentines themed group games!!

Pretzels and strawberries with chocolate pudding
 were on the menu for desert!

Friday!!

So loving my husband for suggesting we send the girls to grandma's on Friday 
so that I could have some time to myself.  
(happy valentines day to meeee!!)  

Mr. T was still home but he napped and man did I get my mommy on 
and cleaned like never before!! 
I still had some time to sit and relax and read a mommy blog or two 
and think about the upcoming festivities for just a bit!

After all I had some serious date night plans for February
 and thank goodness I was assisted by our Church.  

February was slotted to be a favorite things date!!

 I wrote 5 lovely notes that were fantastically gushy and 
told him 5 good reasons he was the 
best-est and awesom-est husband and dad.  

Well ahead of time I had them complete and
 filed . . . away . . . somewhere . . . I'm sure it was a smart place . . . 
but do you think I could find it that night?
 NOT ON YOUR LIFE.  

 So instead he was happy with a gift of some of his favorite things 
(a case of coke and a stash of snickers bars), 
and some favorite things for supper, 
we had bacon wrapped sugar crusted cocktail sausage 
(oh my heart - seriously my heart - its like a 
fantastic way to die due to clogged arteries).  
As well as a lovely assortment of fruit and veggies 
 to offset his favorite way to die!!!


I had found a game I thought would be a great way to 
blend two more things that he liked. 
 Lego and boardgames.  


Turns out he was way more excited to go dancing 
Aka little to no interest in building or playing this game
 (there I go over planning again)

Our Church throws a fantastic Presidents Ball every 
valentines weekend and WE LOVE IT!
Mostly because the local big band comes and plays!!
We jive and two step and waltz and polka and try not to 
look around at all the fantastic older couples who have
 so much more style and grace than we do!!

We took Mr. T with us and he was a hit!! 
There was no shortage of adults more than willing
 to take him while we danced a few dances!!

(loving that he dipped me backwards right as the picture snapped!)

Saturday

MMM sleeping in . . . if 8:30 counts as sleeping in!!

Again Happy Valentines day to me!!

Then Shane went off to the church to get some things ready
 for young men's camp and I tidied up around the house.

Really if you know me at all you know I was simply 
procrastinating going to get the girls!!  
I love them but I was reveling in my clean house!!
So eventually I bundled Mr. T up in his car seat and headed to Grandmas!

They had a wonderful time and we enjoyed a short visit and they made
 Grandma super happy by crying that they didn't want to go home!!

Then this carried in to Sunday and Monday due to 
family day but really I'll post about that next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment