Saturday, May 6, 2017

Pregnant, Sick, Learning and Grateful!

So as usual we had a viral bug sweep through the house 
and hang out for like a month!! 
I'm pretty sure it was all Shane's fault 
but I've forgiven him.  

It was a cough that just turned you inside out, 
sometimes to the point of dry heaves! 
(as a pregnant lady this was NOT awesome!)  

The tail end of coughing for more than two weeks for me was 
of course my pregnant immune system had a hard reset! 
UGH!! I had the worst headache for DAYS.  
I have never experienced anything like it!

So let me say something from the get go - I am not a nice sick person. 
When I am actually really and truly sick I can not put on a happy face 
and pretend to not be in pain.  

I recover quick (usually) but some days it was all I could do to just 
get off the couch to make the kids lunch.  
(truthfully there were days this week I'm pretty sure I handed the little's bagels 
and called it good, or prayed over fish crackers and popcorn for lunch.)
(seriously this is what my life looked like for 4 days!)

I was so grateful for a friend that picked up my kids the first bad day, 
and let them play for a bit so that I could go for a walk in appointment! 

Also grateful that I had some awesome ladies from church 
who brought us dinner every night! 

One was super sweet and did my school runs for me.
and spoiled my girls with fro-yo! She's so great!

One came and just let her kids play with mine and helped me 
fold laundry on the first day I was recovered!

(and seriously this woman is so amazing 
laundry really was this fun!!)

There were lessons to be learned everywhere!!
(as usual they are easy to see once things have blown over!)

#1 This whole pregnancy my body has been pretty darn clear 
that it did not appreciate any extra responsibility. 
I usually have tons of energy, creativity 
and keep myself super busy the entire pregnancy.  
Not this time.  
I was definitely not listening like I should have 
and setting appropriate limits for myself so that 
I didn't burn out!

#2 No matter how bad I think I'm doing a week of doing 
NOTHING at all shows you what you actually 
are accomplishing!
So in the end I'm not doing that bad!!

#3 When I really need something, I really need to speak clearly!
I still sometimes try and give out hints 
about what I actually need.
Not any more! 
I was so sick I just laid it out and it was 
sooo much better for everyone!

#4 My husband is a workhorse when I speak clearly!
Due to the couch time I was indulging in,
he had to pick up the slack especially with this girl 
who had developed some really strange sleeping patterns!
(seriously this was 9pm!)

#5 My kids love me a ton.  
When I was back on my feet even a bit my kids were so excited 
and mr. t was constantly checking on me to make sure 
I was actually feeling much better! 
They are so sweet and forgiving of my shortness 
and unease while I was sick!

#6 There is a phrase on my wall that sums up how I felt in the end.

I had been given a great opportunity while stuck on
the couch to see how amazing my husband, kids,
and ward and community friends are!! 

I feel grateful that I have so many wonderful ladies
that care so much about my little family!

1 comment:

  1. Life is amazing! I forget that all too often. Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete