So at the tail end of all this sickness was Mothers Day.
I'm not going to go into why this is not a favorite day for me.
But Shane did manage to convince the kids and I
that we needed to adventure somewhere the
Saturday before!!
We had also been having some MAJOR push back
from MS. A about adventures.
We decided to let her make plans, and she wanted to go
back to Heart Creek.
I was all for that!
Especially with Shane along!
Especially with Shane along!
So we packed up and hit the road.
I remembered to check everyone's shoes,
socks and pack extra food.
socks and pack extra food.
Learning from experience!
I was glad we hit the trail early because
later on it was PACKED!
We had a great time watching the rock climbers
and finding remembered
landmarks all along the trail!
GOOSE LOG
GOOSE LOG
TOILET ROCK
(seriously why is the toilet so funny at 8?)
The kids loved showing Shane all the things they
remembered from our first trip,
They loved counting benches,
And Bridges,
Throwing rocks into the river,
and Snacks!
(Who am I to argue with that?)
This brave girl was so determined to walk!
Which was both awesome and frustrating.
When we got to the top Shane could take the kids a little
higher than I was prepared to take myself or the littles.
It was nice for the big kids to tackle something
a little more challenging!
After our hike we crashed on the grass, not exhausted
but not ready for the fun to be over either!
What a fun trip, and what a happy 8year old
we ended up with!












No comments:
Post a Comment