Saturday, March 14, 2015

She's Here!! (and a short rant)

Ok so we are totally smitten with the new addition to our home!

On March 9th we headed to the hospital just before noon.

(thanks to awesome friends who rushed over to look after the other kiddo's!)

We got settled and monitors were up and running, 
Just under an hour later Ms.Vivian Lois Hudson arrived.

Everyone is so excited, as with every addition there are changes that 
everyone gets used to but the girls love to hug and cuddle with her
and even Mr. T loves to give her kisses and softly rub her head.



Now Get ready here is my short rant.  

I have very fast mostly natural labors.
(this is not always as awesome as everyone assumes!)

After thinking back on all 4 of my deliveries I am very grateful that there are 
MEDICAL professionals assisting me.  

(this includes two deliveries done almost entirely by delivery NURSES.)

My children are born healthy and we have been blessed 
with very few complications during delivery.

That being said they have not been without their moments.
Ms. A's Umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck,
Ms. E was in such a rush I couldn't even completely change into a gown,
Mr. T was a champ, 
Ms. V was full of excitement, MEC had been passed during delivery, 
she was face down, and Umbilical cord wrapped around her neck.  

I want to assure you that the details I'm sharing 
about Ms. V's delivery have a purpose.

I had no fewer than 6 medical professionals in my delivery suite. 
1 Dr., 2 nurses for me, 1 pediatrician, 1 NICU nurse, a 2 man respiratory team,
and Shane assures me there were more.  

I delivered a very quiet baby who's face was blue tinged.  
I was crying inside willing my new baby girl to breath . . . . to sputter.  
I was holding my breath (which I didn't realize at the time). 
My eyes were glued to the expert staff calmly assisting my newborn. 
I was barely responding to the Dr. and Nurse who were giving me 
instructions/letting me know what they we're doing next.  
Eventually there came a caugh and a sputter and then a cry.

These people delivered me a healthy baby who 
despite all the minor complications only spent about 
1 1/2 hours in the NICU for observation.  

These People SAVED her life.

I choose to have my babies in the hospital because I believe that 
no matter what emotional ramification I may experience from the 
sterile environment or the number of people exposed to my naked body,
giving birth is a risk. (for myself and my infant)

I choose to have my babies in the hospital because if MY INFANT needs 
4 extra medical professionals, they are in the room waiting for her 
before she is even fully delivered.

I will give up all my comforts and emotional biases to have 
that kind of peace of mind,

Everyone makes choices that they believe are best for their family,
this choice is what is best for mine.

END RANT

No comments:

Post a Comment