Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

I know I said this would include Boxing Day 
but seriously there's just too much going on!
 
If the last post didn't convince you that we were busy in 
December these two days just might!

Starting With Christmas Eve.

We actually had an amazing time just relaxing as a family. 
Shane had to work and then he took the kids out 
to play for a bit which was super nice!

We had numerous gifts Dropped off Christmas Eve night,
Two of which were super blessings!!

I have an amazing cousin who made some fresh bread and delivered it
 to us just before suppertime.  
Saved my rear end.  

I cut it up and stuffed it with cheese and butter and garlic and herb spice 
and Tada we had cheezy pull apart bread for supper!
Thanks Tara!

We also had a Secret Santa Drop off a truck load of presents 
and food for everyone, Which also made Christmas Eve supper a lot of fun!  
Thanks if you are reading this!!

After supper we took a friend to the live nativity which the kids adored.
Except Mr. T too much sitting for him!

Then when we got home we let them open Christmas PJ's! 
I loved that they turned out so cute.  


Please ignore my face in the picture - just concentrate on the kids!!

We let them eat whatever they wanted that day so 
they were super wound up and excited!  
Mr. T went to bed and then we opened a family game.  
As the kids get older I'm enjoying these traditions even more!

 

On the Sunday Before Christmas a wonderful man in our ward 
had also given Shane a Gift Card for Canadian Tire.  
He was Over the top Excited to get the kids sleds! 
From Santa of course.

So after the kiddies were in bed he went out to wrap bows 
around them and bring them up to go under the tree.

At our house Santa Usually only brings stockings, 
this year they were spoiled in that way.

This year I kinda went crazy and Stockings were overflowing!
 
The last two years I had tried to do Christmas a little more simply
 and decided to do the 4 gift rule. 
1 to wear, 1 to read, 1 want and 1 need. 

There seemed to be only one problem with that!
It was still over the top.  

Mostly because we are so lucky to have family close 
(and even when we were in Ontario) that love to get gifts for the kids.

It was still a big massive mess of new toys which is amazing but 
a little hard for the kids to feel grateful!

So this year I did gifts differently - a little anyway!  

Each kiddie got 1 gift that is it.  
Just one, sometimes this was hard. 
But we didn't get them any books, or regular clothes.  
They each got one toy. 

Shane loves to remind me that they already had new Christmas dresses 
and get loads of Christmas pj's from me and other Grandmas too.  
(I never discourage pj's! There are never too many!)

I had also managed to find corresponding toys for each kid 
to give to each other, they all worked together so that there wasn't
a lot of extra stuff.

I felt grateful that my pregnant brain was working 
well enough to get it all together.

Here's some Highlights!

This sled was the hugest thing I had ever seen!
Literally they all fit with room to spare!
It barely fits in our van!
 

Ms. E got a little people house, 
Ms. A and Mr. T gave her some extra people!
 


Ms. A got a couple of barbies and some clothes etc.
Ms. E and Mr. T gave her some extra outfits etc.
 

Mr. T got a transport truck.  
It loads cars on two levels.
 The girls gave him some extra cars that also fit.


 As for Shane and I, We spoiled each other a bit as well.
I got a new pillow.  


I squared away a few financial things and did some extra errands 
in December to clear up some of Shanes honey do list.  
Which he loved!

I made a list of some of them that were larger and 
put it in an envelope with a gas card.

It was simple things like gassing up the van and the car on my own
 (hence the gas card for his car).  
Cleaning out the van, putting extra money into savings, 
clearing the MasterCard, finishing the year end finances for the family, etc. 

Shane also gave me a Temple Journal which was a fantastic idea.
It has a page for every temple we have visited or plan to visit 
(which is all of them)
 with spots to record dates and experiences and the reasons we were there.

I of course gave him a year of pre-planned dates.  
I don't think this will go out of style any time soon!

The kids settled in to playing and then we got a fun call from 
Shanes brother and sister in law asking if they could come visit 
for a bit that morning before they went to see Shane's Dad.

It was fun and we munched away the morning chatting and playing with new toys.

Then the second wave of Christmas arrived.
My parents and sister.  We Skyped with my brother and sister in law 
in Washington and had a fun time feeling like a family!

Here's some more highlights!

Christmas Crackers

New Play Kitchen and Food
 

 Giant Floor Puzzles from Cousins!



We were all very loved and happy and tired by the end of the day.

The kids also were excited that the next day was 
sledding and party at Grandma Cathy's!

All that Excitement coming up in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment