Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Decorating the Christmas tree, a right of passage!

 One of my favorite memories when I was little was
decorating the tree with my siblings.
I remember boxes of ornaments and lights 
and treats being pulled out.

I also remember all the rights of passage that were 
connected to tree decorating.
The first year of being big enough to hang 
glass ornaments, or being given an important task 
like putting on the lights, 
or helping to screw the base of the tree straight.

Being the baby of my family I always loved 
to be the one to plug in our star.

So I try and keep up with tradition and 
make tree decorating a big deal.



The kids were Very Very eager to help 
and of course Ms. A couldn't stand 
being height restricted, and got herself a stool 
so she could reach almost to the top of our tree.

All month Ms. V was pulling ornaments off 
and shaking the dangly beads.  

I'm super glad that we have a good vacuum and that 
the tree didn't fall over even once this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment