WELCOME 2013
I'll keep this post lighthearted!!
AKA NOT ABOUT RESOLUTIONS!!
We had one heck of a December and
we're keeping things rolling in January!!
New Years is the only thing between Christmas
and Ms. A's birthday and the girls are getting to
the point where they are really excited about
all the holidays as they come and go,
and lets face it I'M LOVING IT!!
So What did we do for New Years Eve?
We watched Cartoons of course!
BORING!!
Well we were really just doing that until
Shane came home from work.
(early!!!! WAHOO!!)
He was comming home early to take the girls
swimming with friends in Taber.
They loved it especially the water slide.
They got home just before dinner and so
after home made pizza I sent the girls
downstairs for a special Bath!!
(rinsing all the pool out!)
Glow in the dark!!
Between the glow sticks and the party blowers
they were ecstatic and had a fantastic time
in the bath together, which they usually
refuse to do!!
After bath we found some fireworks and I think
some hockey to watch. At about 8pm we celebrated
the new year with them in the dark with all the
lights off in the family room,
they loved our glow in the dark new years party.
We had some friends over for chocolate fondu and
star wars monopoly which was grand!!
They were fiends of Shane's who I had never met
before and I enjoyed them so much.
We made it to midnight before collapsing and
kissed each other to ring in the new year!
(ewww I know, Should have warned you!)
New years day was amazing!!
The day started as any day should with Formal Breakfast!
(dresses, necklaces, and yogurt.)
After that we packed the van and waited for
Grandma and McKay (a friend of Shanes) to arrive.
Obviously Mr. T was tired of waiting . . .
he must have been Cozy in that snowsuit!!
We went X-country skiing with a van full of fun people.
Shane grew up X-country skiing and I enjoyed myself
until I hit my head when I tumbled!!
Wasn't quite myself after that.
But it was a gorgeous day
and we enjoyed being outside!
Shane had quite a load to pull at some points
pulling two sled's and having Mr. T strapped to
his front in the carrier!!
Grandma Cathy pulled Ms. A most of the way in
a sled but there were a few hairy sections and she
just couldn't quite pull through.
Shane's friend McKay had come along to try skiing and
he was good to go with the flow and enjoy all the
craziness that comes with three kids and a grandma!!
In the end we were all worn out and had
an early night to bed.
It was just invigorating and enjoyable to be out
experiencing some of the wonderful mountains that
seem to be right on our doorstep!!
Skiing I like because it is so solitary, it gave me some time
to think and reflect and enjoy. It also gave me some time
to count my blessings and give mental thanks for all the beauty
I was enjoying and it all reminded me how small I am.
Not in an insignificant way but simply that I have a loving
heavenly father who has a plan eternal, true, and everlasting.
It is for everyone to have and enjoy if they will only ask to find it.
This coming year is going to be a year filled with leaps of faith,
and I am glad that every now and again I am given opportunities to
sit back and remember the universe is run by someone else.
I sometimes need to be reminded that my job is simple,
I need to do my best and then sit back and have faith
that the lord will make up the rest!!
More about that in a coming post.
Stay tuned!!
Next post is about Ms. A turning 4 can you believe it 4!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment