Wednesday, October 28, 2020

October School

 Here's a peek into what our kids got up to 
for part of their school this month!

Ms. E made Apple Fritters.

I think I added this to Septembers school post too.
 oops, I promise she actually 
made them in October.



We were reading a super silly book for read aloud,
Called The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler.



Which focuses on a statue by Michelangelo.
So we tried making art on the ceiling(ish).







The kids loved it.

They were in awe of the Sistine Chapel as we watched 
an anniversary special about it on YouTube.

We got to talk about how long it would have taken,
how he would have got up to the ceiling,
how much paint it might have taken,
and there were other questions I couldn't answer.

Like did he have any help, not just apprentices but people 
to hold paint, mix colors, move scaffold etc.

Such good questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment