Another December happening was Ms. A's class
was holding a Market Place.
She had an opportunity to create a product,
design a shop and do all the work from start to finish.
Kids earn School Dollars for performing certain
class tasks well, or consistently.
They get to spend them at market place held
four times a year by different classes.
I think it's a great way for them to learn about terms like,
profit, inflation, margins, and other math/economic
terms that I wish I'd learned about in elementary school.
She was so determined to make it work.
We talked to her about Makers we know personally,
and the hard work they put in to their businesses.
Especially when we were up really late dipping
over 100 large rice crispy squares in chocolate.
Our maker friends often have family or work
commitments all day and make/create their
small business late into the night.
It was a success.
Thankfully Ms. E was happy to help.
(Any excuse to stay up!)


No comments:
Post a Comment