Ok so right now we livein an awesome older home
on the north side of the city.
Its the old north and not where I expected.
WE ADORED the west side of the city before,
but with Shane working in the industrial park
the west side was a bit too much of a commute.
Here is the short story.
Nothing about being back in Lethbridge has been
anything like I expected - job, house, school,
it has all been drastically different but it all has the
same mantra as when I came to see this house.
It has kinda become our mantra for turning our life around
and getting back on our feet!
"I can't actually find anything WRONG with this."
That was pretty much how I felt about this home.
I wandered around looking for problems. uneven flooring,
cracked foundations, sketchy neighbors.
Nothing came to me - there was nothing at all wrong with this house.
(and for future reference there really isn't - even after
snow and rain this house is solid and functionally sound.)
Don't get me wrong it is DATED!
But Pristine Dated - (not even that lovely old house smell)
I'm pretty sure that kitchen still has the original cabinets
and linoleum from the 70's still in mint condition.
The outside of the house is lovely cream stucco with glass.
(I'm sure there's a proper name for this glittery stuff)
But there was so much good going on.
LIKE PRICE for three bedrooms we feel pretty lucky.
It has an enormous back yard and garden plot,
Including a HUGE tree in the back yard
which made our long fall a ton of fun!!
Yes the Tutu is often worn over pj's at this house!!
It also included a carport, shed, cold room,
and a TON of storage.
This is not anything like our little 4plex apartment
we previously rented in Lethbridge where the lawn and sidewalks
were taken care of and we live down the street from
a perfect little park, and close enough to church to walk in the summer.
Like I said nothing about moving back to
Lethbridge has been like I expected.
Most of the changes have come with that same mantra
"I can't actually find anything wrong with this!"
Ms. A's new kindergarten - (Pictures of Day #1 soon)
There are some things that are drastically different
but again I can't actually find anything really wrong with it.
Shane's new job - sometimes its hard with 10 hour days and
overtime but compared to his previous job where he was
gone for weeks at a time or deeply depressed, stressed and
generally closed, I can't actually find anything really wrong with it.
Like I said things aren't perfect
but we're deeply grateful for what it is.
Its a hard place to be working to get back on our feet
and wondering where life will take us after we do.
We don't have a lot of answers about the future but right now
we cant find anything wrong with staying right here
until we figure things out!!




Sometimes you need to take a while in an ok place or state to get things back on track and know what HF has planned for you. Glad you are at a stage you feel everything is ok.
ReplyDelete