Thursday, December 26, 2013

Ta Da A Post from the East!!


Well here it has been quite a few months since I have shared anything.  

 No excuses on my part will due it is simply avoidance for the most part.   
I feel like there has been days when there are just no words to express 
how I am feeling here in Guelph and other days when I really could use a sounding board.  
 So a little back story is requied: 

 In June Shane received an offer to work for a company here in Guelph.   
A good enough offer that we accepted the offer and moved our family across the country.  
 Thank goodness for grandma who was able to fly with me and the kiddo’s 
as Shane was required to be at work a few weeks before we could
 tie up all our loose ends in Alberta.  
 (I stayed home to take care of it of course.)  


Shanes work took him off site quite a bit and the transition was hard, 
I was all alone in a new city with all kinds of paperwork to do 
(switching provinces is no fun by the way) 
and very worried about doing it wrong.   
We had a very strenuous month in which I was not sure 
this was the right fit for our family
although I was hesitant to tell Shane as 
he was having an incredible experience and enjoying his work 
and the learning curve he was trying to tackle.   
We lived through ½ of august and all of September.  
 I was looking forward to Shane being stuck in the office and 
not on the road for the next few weeks.   
He however was struggling to find things to do at the office and 
was worried about his performance now that the initial project 
he was working on was complete.  

 At the end of September he had an informal review with his boss, 
in which his contract was cancelled and he was informed he was
 not a long term fit for the company.  
 We knew that this might be a possibility but had assumed that 
this review could not happen until November 
after he had been employed for three months, 
which was all in black and white in his contract.  
Instead he was given severance and asked to turn in his keys.

Our life was turned upside down.   

Shane was left without contacts, friends, or acquaintances  in the city.
 Due to the nature of his work he was gone so much that he had in reality 
only been in Guelph for about two weeks in August and September.   
He was now demoralized and struggling to feel his worth and his purpose.   
Thank goodness for loving family and friends who came to our aid.  

 Going home to Alberta was not an option.   
We were still recovering the cost of moving to Guelph in the first place.  
 We took the opportunity to count our blessings in moving to Guelph 
and began to see some of the opportunities that 
were coming our way through unemployment.  

One of them was an ability for Shane to help me wrap up 
some of the government paperwork associated with the move.  
 I’m a sissy I admit it I hate dealing with people on the phone. 

Another was an opportunity for Shane to pursue full time 
a small business venture we had been undertaking. 

Yet another was Jr. Kindergarden.  
 It is a major blessing for me as Ms. A is so incredibly ready for school 
and if we had been in Alberta I don’t know what I would have done 
with her for a whole year. (smarty pants).


And then there was the needs we were filling in 
the small Guelph Ward where we attend church.  
 It feels good to be so needed!!  

There were many other little things that we could see as 
major blessings of being here and felt that we truly 
had been led here and were needed here.

Many people have been asking how the move has gone 
and how things have been progressing in the job department.   
And I admit it has taken an immense amount of 
prayer and love and patience to simply answer, 
we are meant to be here – right here!!   

I am hoping to post more frequently as the spirit in our house 
has been brighter of late.  

 It honestly has taken a toll on my self-worth and 
questioned my ability’s as a mom and a wife.   
The stress level has been at an all-time high and 
often I feel a struggle to remain positive.   
I do not wish the dialog on this blog to 
turn sour through this experience.  

 I have the faith to know that the lord is looking out for us 
and that as we do our best he will lead us
 in the direction we need to go.   
The hard part is having the patience to let him 
reveal the path one step at a time.


I am looking forward to posting about Thanksgiving and Halloween soon 
as well as Mr. T and Ms. E’s combined birthday party, 
and a few date nights that need to be updated!! 
Will keep you posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment