Well I had so much to post that was floating around my brain this week
and it all came to a Stop - because of POTTY WEEK!!
Now I had finished a few projects hat I had going in order for me to
look forward to focusing on potty
and so I wouldn't get so focused on something that I would ignore
Ms A's needs this week while we tried out the potty!!
Now our potty journey will be a completely separate post -
needless to say I found I was still wandering around trying to think of things
that NEEDED to be done.
Of course I wasn't thinking about mopping floors or doing dishes
- NO WAY -
I was thinking of artistic, crafty, sewing stuffs that NEEDED to be done.
In a flash it hit me and I was grateful for this little tidbit of
inspiration and comfort that came to me.
What I NEEDED to do was just be with my kiddo's.
I suddenly stopped wearing a hole in the kitchen laminate due to pacing and
began reading books and playing match with Ms. A
and wrestling with Ms. E and practicing words.
Eventually I did go back to cleaning but I had this nagging feeling
that there was more inspiration to come.
After Christmas and this wonderful overabundance of craftiness
I thought that I would just mesh back into what I enjoyed doing before
and started a new crafty list.
When I wrote it I immediately felt like there were
things on this list that were missing.
I also realized that a lot of these things were just because
- things to make just because i wanted to create -
not things I really needed to make.
I started working on these projects and guess what . . . . da da da!!
I WAS STILL BORED!!
Why because I was so focused on ME!!
Even the quiet book that was floating around in my brain.
(it wasn't really a need)
So this morning as I was making breakfast
(as strenuous as cold cereal is to make),
I tried to think of some really meaningful projects.
Maybe even things I should have been doing for years,
that I could start working on in order to focus on what is really important!!
Today I am grateful to post about a couple of inspired projects.
Two major shifts in focus that will be taking my effort
away from the sewing machine (a little)
and closer to becoming the person I want to be.
(When I grow up!!)
#1 Starting to work on a plan for Emergency Preparedness Kits,
(including and especially documents), One Year Supply,
and Emergency Plans.
During the fires this fall (one of which directly affected our little family),
I realized that evacuating two adults
is very different than evacuating a family.
Even our existing 72 hour kits were not enough for the kiddo's and ourselves.
#2 Personal Family History and Genealogy
I have always had a desire to know more about my ancestors
- especially my fathers genealogy from Scotland.
This was also spurred on by my grandmother
receiving some wonderful photographs
of her growing up on a small Island off the BC coast.
( I'm sure this was last summer - But I'm just grateful that I have them!)
These Two are my favorite!!
and it all came to a Stop - because of POTTY WEEK!!
Now I had finished a few projects hat I had going in order for me to
look forward to focusing on potty
and so I wouldn't get so focused on something that I would ignore
Ms A's needs this week while we tried out the potty!!
Now our potty journey will be a completely separate post -
needless to say I found I was still wandering around trying to think of things
that NEEDED to be done.
Of course I wasn't thinking about mopping floors or doing dishes
- NO WAY -
I was thinking of artistic, crafty, sewing stuffs that NEEDED to be done.
In a flash it hit me and I was grateful for this little tidbit of
inspiration and comfort that came to me.
What I NEEDED to do was just be with my kiddo's.
I suddenly stopped wearing a hole in the kitchen laminate due to pacing and
began reading books and playing match with Ms. A
and wrestling with Ms. E and practicing words.
Eventually I did go back to cleaning but I had this nagging feeling
that there was more inspiration to come.
After Christmas and this wonderful overabundance of craftiness
I thought that I would just mesh back into what I enjoyed doing before
and started a new crafty list.
When I wrote it I immediately felt like there were
things on this list that were missing.
I also realized that a lot of these things were just because
- things to make just because i wanted to create -
not things I really needed to make.
I started working on these projects and guess what . . . . da da da!!
I WAS STILL BORED!!
Why because I was so focused on ME!!
Even the quiet book that was floating around in my brain.
(it wasn't really a need)
So this morning as I was making breakfast
(as strenuous as cold cereal is to make),
I tried to think of some really meaningful projects.
Maybe even things I should have been doing for years,
that I could start working on in order to focus on what is really important!!
Today I am grateful to post about a couple of inspired projects.
Two major shifts in focus that will be taking my effort
away from the sewing machine (a little)
and closer to becoming the person I want to be.
(When I grow up!!)
#1 Starting to work on a plan for Emergency Preparedness Kits,
(including and especially documents), One Year Supply,
and Emergency Plans.
During the fires this fall (one of which directly affected our little family),
I realized that evacuating two adults
is very different than evacuating a family.
Even our existing 72 hour kits were not enough for the kiddo's and ourselves.
#2 Personal Family History and Genealogy
I have always had a desire to know more about my ancestors
- especially my fathers genealogy from Scotland.
This was also spurred on by my grandmother
receiving some wonderful photographs
of her growing up on a small Island off the BC coast.
( I'm sure this was last summer - But I'm just grateful that I have them!)
These Two are my favorite!!
Thank goodness for my parents starting their own records
and Shane's Mom and Grandparents who have paved the way for me!!
So you can Look Forward to Hearing more about
What I find along my way!!
I'm Excited!!! Are You??
and Shane's Mom and Grandparents who have paved the way for me!!
So you can Look Forward to Hearing more about
What I find along my way!!
I'm Excited!!! Are You??


No comments:
Post a Comment